Now a days every next mobile user whether it’s an Android or iPhone, they use memory card in their devices. It’s a small chip which stores million bytes of data. There are some users who take their data privacy very seriously and use passwords on their memory cards. There are some cases where peoples forgot their passwords and have problems in accessing files on it. You need to remove memory card password to access files on your memory card.
In this tutorial, I am going to share with you, How you can Remove Memory Card Password and access the files on it. Follow the steps below to do so…
How To Remove Memory Card Password?
You can remove password from memory card easily, it’s not that tough as seems to be. You can do it through two methods either from PC or Android phone. You can also get to know the current one that you’re using. Follow the procedure below to remove memory card password:
Remove Memory Card Password using Android Phone
Follow the steps below:
- Insert your password protected memory card in your Android device.
- Next, you have to install the ES file explorer on your phone and open it.
- In the ES File Manager, navigate to system folder and locate the file “mmcstore”
- Rename the file as mmcstore.txt and open it
- You will see your current password of your memory card in plain text.
- Note that password somewhere.
- In memory card settings, click on remove password and then enter the password that you just noted.
- That’s all, you’re good to go.
Remove Memory Card Password using PC
Warning: In this method, all your data is going to erased from memory card. As we are going to format your Memory card in this method. I would recommend you to try Method 1 first, if that doesn’t work go for the Method 2.
- First of all, insert your memory card in any of your Android/iOS
- Next, connect the phone with the computer using USB cable.
- Next, right click on your memory card drive in your PC and choose to format the memory card.
- This will erase all your data including memory card password. So, you can use this method to remove memory card password.
- You can now access your memory card without using any password.
You can use the guide to get access to all your files in a locked memory card. Please, do not use it for unethical means. If you found this article helpful, then please share it with your friends and followers on social media. Also, let us know in comments if you are facing any issue in any of the steps listed above.
Read Next : All About Android Q You need to know
Abhishek Verma is a tech enthusiast and freelance tech journalist. He has been writing about technology for 4 years. He is passionate about every aspect of technology, especially Android. Abhishek’s articles have been referred by India Today, 360Gadgets, Times of India, MacRumors, AndroidPolice, AndroidAuthority, BGR, Zee News, and many more.