Have you got locked out of your Twitter account? Twitter lock account when it’s system notices any unusual activity on your account. They do so to protect your account from getting hacked or SPAM. Usually Twitter recover your locked account through a small verification process. But this problem get worse, in-case you haven’t connected your Twitter account with your phone number. Twitter sends an OTP to your phone number to verify that you’re the real person. But as you haven’t connected your phone with your Twitter account, that won’t work. But, why worry when we are here to help, just follow this tutorial and you’ll be able to recover your Twitter account without help of your phone number.
Why you get locked out of the Twitter account?
There are a few possible reasons for getting locked out of your Twitter account :
- Suspicious Activity: Twitter automatically locks your account, if someone else or even you enter wrong passwords many times. It is done by Twitter itself to keep your account secure.
- Spamming: If you do some spam activity on their platform like, tweeting or replying the same thing again and again or posting spam links everywhere.
- Lost Your Phone: This is one of the toughest time when you create an account and then lose your phone which is the only way to get your account back.
- Why you get locked out of the Twitter account?
- Avoid getting locked out of your Twitter Account
- Steps to Recover Locked Twitter Account without a Phone Number:
Avoid getting locked out of your Twitter Account
Most of the time you get locked out of your Twitter account because of some activities that seems suspicious to Twitter. Here’s what to do to avoid such situations:
1. Avoid using Bots: These days people use different kind of Bots and Scripts to mass Follow, Unfollow and Retweet. I would suggest you to avoid such things because these activities are against Twitter TOS and can lead to permanent ban on your Twitter account.
2. Avoid SPAMMING in Reply: Sometimes people make big mistakes like replying everyone very quickly this actually triggers SPAM Protection Bot and Twitter blocks access to your Twitter account.
3. Avoid uploading Sensitive Content: If you simultaneously post sensitive content then I would recommend to not to do it. It can result in a lot of reports and eventually block access to account.
4. Add both Email and Phone number: In Your Twitter use both Phone number and email for recovery process so, in case you lost access to one you’ll always have the second option.
Steps to Recover Locked Twitter Account without a Phone Number:
If you somehow got locked out of your twitter and have no option left to get back your account. Then. let me help you with it. Follow the instruction to recover locked Twitter account without phone number :
Step 1: Go to Twitter Account Help
Open your browser and open your Twitter account help page. You need to visit https://help.twitter.com/forms/signin to get to the page
Step 2: Enter your Twitter account @username
On the Login issues page, you’ll get a form to fill, in which you need to enter your Twitter username of your locked account and want to unlock account without phone number.
Step 3: Next, Fill in other fields like Email address
You need to provide the email address that was registered with your Twitter account or any other email of yours. This email will be used for verification process.
Step 4: Explain your issue
You’ll need to explain the whole scenario, about what you did and how your account got locked. Reason behind locking of your account and you also lost access to your mobile phone. Explain to them each and everything in the Description box given in the form before submitting the form.
Step 5: Submit the Form
After entering all detail, do verify the reCAPTCHA and then hit that “Submit” button to submit the whole recovery fom.
After the successful submission, you’ll get a detailed email from Twitter and also one of their executives will unlock your account after successful verification after a week of time. So, have patience.
I would recommend you some tips that will help you to not get locked out of your Twitter account. Follow them :
- Do not post so many links on a repetitive basis.
- Do not copy-paste the same content again and again.
- Always use an email address in your account
Thanks for reading this article. If you found this article helpful then please share it with all your friends and followers on social media. So, they can also recover locked Twitter account without the phone number. And also on Twitter, as you’re now able to unlock your Twitter account.
Join our Telegram channel for daily updates.
Grab some more Twitter-related stuff :